Facebook Cheat Sheet: 2019 Sizes and DimensionsPublished on September 11, 2018
What is the Facebook banner size? What is the Facebook profile picture size? What’s the Facebook video size? What are the video dimensions for Facebook? All these questions and many more and very common, so to help you, we’ve published all the Facebook sizes and dimensions in one single article.
We’ll be updating this if any of those change, so don’t forget to bookmark this page.
Facebook Business Page Sizes (2019 Update)
To make sure your Facebook Business Page is attractive and looks professional, it’s important to design the images for your business’s page using the correct facebook page sizes. Doing so will ensure your images and videos are sharp and display clearly. If you get them wrong, expect your images to become blurry, which can affect your brand’s look.
- Facebook profile photo size: 180 x 180 pixels. For best results upload a square image. (160 x 160, 360 x 360, 720 x 720 and 960 x 960)
- Facebook cover photo size: Facebook’s cover photo size for business pages is 828 x 315 pixels. For personal profiles, it’s 851 x 315 pixels.
- Facebook newsfeed link image: The size for newsfeed link images is 1200 x 900 pixels. The correct ratio is 4:3.
- Facebook desktop newsfeed display: Images in newsfeed displayed on a desktop can display up to 470 x 470 pixels.
- Facebook mobile newsfeed display: For mobile, images in the newsfeed will be displayed up to 626 x 840 pixels.
- Facebook right column image size: Images displayed in the right column will appear at 254 x 133 pixels.
- Text in the newsfeed: Facebook on a desktop will display 500 characters, mobile will display 110 characters and for the right column ad space, 90 characters.
Facebook Video Sizes – 2019
When it comes to video, it’s important you get the right sizes and formatting correct as this is one of the best performing types of media. Video dimensions for Facebook vary. Follow the below guidelines to ensure your videos are suitable for the platform.
- Facebook thumbnail image: 1200 x 675 pixels
- Aspect ratio: 16:9 or 1:1
- Video: h.264, square pixels, fixed frame rate (max 30 fps), progressive scan
- Format: .mp4 container
- Audio: stereo aac, 128kbps+ preferred
- File size: up to 4gb
- Right column image display: 254 x 133 px
- Text: Desktop news feed displays only 500 characters. For mobile, it’s 110 characters. Right column ad section is 90 characters.
Facebook Event Image Sizes
Facebook event photo size is 1920 x 1080 pixels, a 16:9 ratio. Keep in mind that wider images will most likely have the sides cropped. This is also the same for tall images, the top and bottom facebook event photo will be cropped.
- Facebook event photo size: The correct size for facebook event photos is 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Desktop newsfeed display size: 470 x 174 pixels
- Mobile newsfeed display size: 560 x 208 pixels
- Right column display size: 254 x 133 pixels
- Text: Desktop newsfeed displays only 500 characters. Mobile newsfeed displays 110 characters. The right column ad section displays 90 characters.
Facebook Apps Images
Facebook apps image size: 1200 x 628 pixels
Image ratio: 1.9:1
Facebook apps desktop newsfeed display: 470 x 246 pixels
Mobile newsfeed display: 560 x 293 pixels
Right column display: 254 x 133 pixels
Text: Desktop newsfeed displays 90 characters, for mobile 110 characters. The right column ad 90 characters.
Facebook group cover photo size
The recommended Facebook group cover photo size is 1,640 x 856 pixels, or 1.91:1 ratio.