In our analysis today, we’ll be reviewing the top sales presentation examples.
Why? Because customers want to understand how you’ll be able to add value to their businesses. As such, how you deliver your sales presentation in of the essence.
As tempting as it may be, you need to steer away from thinking of a sales presentation as a “pitch”. This is because, in baseball, the best of pitchers tend to strike batters out.
Since this is not something we want to do, we’ll look at creating convincing pitches that resonate and get hit right out of the park.
By the end of our review, you should have the tools you need to make that home run and meet all your goals.
- What is a Sales Presentation?
- Elements of a great sales presentation
- Why sales presentation is important for businesses/sales reps
- Overview of the top sales presentation examples
- 1. Snapchat
- 2. Reddit
- 3. Buffer
- 4. Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- 5. Office 365
- 6. ProdPad
- 7. Immediately
- 8. Zuora
- 9. Talent Bin
What is a Sales Presentation?
A sales presentation refers to a formal and pre-arranged meeting online or at a location where a salesperson gets to present detailed information about a product or product line.
A great sales presentation is one that endears a brand to prospects. For this to happen, you first need to ensure that it’s not purely focused on products. Rather, it should be tailored to connect with your audience.
The trick, therefore, lies in making your narrative compelling.
Elements of a great sales presentation
Living in the informational age has forced salespersons to change tack when handling customers. This is because more than ever, prospects have all the relevant data about what they want right at their fingertips.
As such, before you make your presentation, you need to first ensure that the information you have is relevant. You can then use that as a Launchpad to connect with prospects.
Importantly, you need to practice listening and avoid religiously sticking to a script before responding to objections.
1. 21 Questions
Often times, salespeople tend to spend plenty of time preparing for what they want to say to customers. While this is perfectly okay, it’s also essential to dedicate enough time to draft the right questions to ask.
With an objective outline of questions, you may actually find yourself deeply engrossed in conversation with prospects.
If you find that prospects are not willing to fully confide in you, it’s good practice to tweak your setup with leading questions before tabling open-ended questions. The responses they share will be able to inform you on how to proceed with the interaction.
2. Clarify the priorities
Before you begin your sales presentation, you need to first clarify what their priorities are. It’s also good practice to inform them that you’ll be making logical pauses during the presentation to query about what they think about certain points raised.
If you’re unsure about what kind of questions to ask, try to frame the questions from the prospect’s point of view.
Questions like, “How do you see that fitting into your existing process?” and “How does that compare to what you’re currently doing?” are great ways to frame your inquiries.
As always, the end-goal is to close sales. You can facilitate this happening by promoting engagement levels.
3. Customer is always right
When handling prospects, it’s best to first talk more about them, and less about you. If you have prepared “about us” slides, then have them featured right at the very end of the presentation.
Ideally, you want to put more emphasis on your customers’ goals, expected outcomes, and then divulge how you’ll lead them towards success.
To further convince them to join your bandwagon, it’s important to showcase how others have benefitted from your initiative.
4. Moving Pictures
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then video is the real deal.
By incorporating videos as part of your sales presentation, you’ll be able to break the monotony that usually exists in text-only slides. While making your presentation, try to also walk about the room and engage your audience.
If you follow through on these steps, you’ll realize you have plenty of talking points throughout.
As a suggestion, try to also make a video about how you can aid your prospect’s company. It also wouldn’t hurt if you interview a couple of team members and hear their take on a range of issues.
Why sales presentation is important for businesses/sales reps
As a salesperson, you can use sales presentations to inform, educate, inspire and persuade prospects to buy your products.
A well-crafted and detailed presentation can actually help a business reinforce its reputation and act as a showcase of the level of professionalism.
Before we list out a host of sales presentation examples, it’s best to first note that they are a great way to meet up with customers and prospects in person.
Through face-to-face interactions, you can build trust and reinforce existing relationships. When done right, you may realize an influx in the number of purchases after such meet-ups.
Sales presentations are great when it comes to audience engagement. This is because images have the power of captivating audiences while bullet points can help them follow the logic of the entire presentation.
By injecting theatre during the presentation, you can leave a lasting impact on individuals. This is quite in contrast than if you decided to just talk to them. This heightened sense of engagement is great since your message is properly relayed to your audience.
3. Flexibility & Versatility
Sales presentations are fantastic because you can swiftly change up the content and make modifications on the fly. They are vastly better than printed mediums like brochures where you have to stick to the agenda and making tweaks is usually an expensive undertaking.
Presentations are also a versatile communication tool. You can employ them in one-to-one meetings or in large meetings that require you to make use of a projector. Alternatively, you can choose to expand your reach by making them available for online viewing and downloading.
Sales presentations offer you a structured way to communicate about different products, services, and companies.
If you’re working in an organization, you’ll realize that people in various departments are capable of communicating information in a consistent fashion.
Having revealed this, it’s worth pointing out that you need to make good use of bullet points/prompts to ensure that you always remain objective and stress on the key points.
Overview of the top sales presentation examples
Snapchat, the impermanent photo messaging app, is a big hit among millennials.
Having been conceived as part of a Stanford class project in 2011 under the initial name of Picaboo, it’s has quickly risen through the ranks. Today, it’s one of the most dominant social media platforms out there because it encourages self-expression in the here and now.
- From this sales presentation example, you can clearly see what Snapchat was trying to do. While a large portion of it is filled with fine print and explanations, they’ve divided it into major talking points that readers simply can’t miss. This strategy is great since it ensures even readers who simply want to skim through the content are able to catch all the highlights.
- Impressively, they also created content that resonates with prospects of varying levels of knowledge. This is a fantastic strategy since it increases the probability of closing a deal.
The self-proclaimed “front page of the internet” has been shaping trends for a good minute now. Eager to impress, the sales honchos at Reddit decided to go the sales presentation route and won hearts while at it.
- Reddit’s opening image of a cat riding a unicorn has great visual appeal and helps leave a lasting impact with audiences
- This is one of the best sales presentation examples because Reddit strives to remain objective and stick to its brand identity
- Reddit also makes great use of memes and pop-culture images to get their message across. This is a great strategy since Redditors love this kind of content. In addition, it helps the brand stand out from the rest because of the “X” factor in their presentation.
- The round data figures shared by Reddit are also striking since they help their audience to digest the information and get to thinking how a product/service can help them grow
This social media management tool gives you the freedom to manage multiple social media profiles in a single dashboard.
- Their sales deck is fast-paced and begins with them sharing how they have left an impact on the social media scene. This is a brilliant strategy since it helps audiences get a breakdown of the services offered without much ado
- In other slides, Buffer goes at length to share their milestones and how they’re planning to grow their reach in the years to come. This is one of the finest sales presentation examples because it’s systematic and they manage to bring the message home with every slide
4. Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Salesforce is renowned as being the driving force behind one of the world’s top CRM solutions, Sales Cloud. Through their ventures, they’ve been able to transform how enterprises (including fortune 500 companies), connect with clients.
- Salesforce crafted one of the best sales presentation examples because they were able to simplify the sale and help prospects further down the sales journey
- They also broke down the complex processes involved in simpler formats using visual diagrams and flowcharts
- By incorporating images and text overlay slides, Salesforce made a point of ensuring that you have a better understanding of what their services were all about
5. Office 365
Microsoft’s subscription-based productivity suite is great for collaboration in the workplace. We’ve listed them out as one of the best sales presentation examples because they came up with a comprehensive layout that really spoke to the masses.
- The color scheme employed was in line with their productivity apps. By doing so, the designers sought to maintain synergy with the move acting as a clear show of consistency all around.
- The images used on every screen is a pointer to the fact that they have a dedicated team that aims to foster collaboration at the workplace. Commendably, the text sections also have a bright, vivid block of color to ensure clarity. This is a fantastic strategy since colors allow audiences to dart their eyes across the screen and focus on what really important
This end-to-end product management software comes in handy in supporting the product journey. If you’re a product manager, you’re surely going to love having it as a go-to tool since you have the power to convert great ideas into great products.
- The minimalist concept behind this approach makes it one of the most exemplary sales presentation examples
- The content layout is also super-duper. As you read through the informal tone, you get an impression that you’re actually conversing with a friend over coffee than actually sitting through a meeting getting pitched on why you should adopt a product
- The short sentences are also super engaging and the text in parenthesis gives you the impression that you’re actually getting the scoop on a trade secret
This fantastic platform was built with the sole intent of making the workplace a happy place to operate in. With Immediately, you get the opportunity to focus on the tasks that really interest you.
- By making use of stock photos and callout bubbles, Immediately perfectly illustrates various audiences’ pain points and helps create a sense of relatability
- There’s great personalization involved throughout the slides which helps the brand connect with various audiences. As a salesperson, you can borrow a leaf from this approach and embrace it to drive home the essence of your product.
Zuora is an enterprise software company does a great job of providing bespoke subscription-based services.
Through its ventures, the company has been able to produce one of the standout sales presentation examples. Here’s why we think they are definitely winning:
- Their presentation largely constitutes images and minimal text with thought-provoking facts
- The backgrounds are laden with images. This is a masterstroke since it helps personalize and distinguish the brand from the competition.
- The wordplay is excellent and the imagery used gives you a contemporary feel about things. This is perfectly in line with their brand message of how important it is to adapt to the times. If you think that they can help you position yourself in the market, then, you need not look further!
9. Talent Bin
This online applicant sourcing and tracking software enables organizations to discover top talent by gathering implicit data from a large pool.
- Great graphical layout and use of white space to represent numbers. The colors incorporated are quite brilliant and go a long way in telling the narrative.
- The bulleted points have greatly help compartmentalize detailed content. You can implement this same approach if you’re looking to ensure that your audience follows the message.
- Compelling imagery is used to convey their brand message and compel prospects to take up their services
So there you have it. We’ve highlighted nine of the top sales presentation examples to get your creative juices flowing.
Hopefully, you’ll be able to convert more prospects into paying customers!Bonus Material: How To Create The Perfect Sales Presentation (Video)
Do you think there are some sales presentation examples we’ve missed?
Which ones do you fancy?
Let us know in the comments section below!